Hello everyone, we received a letter from a young girl in Zimbabwe, she wrote about the inspiration from Malala Yousafzai in terms of Education, we're going to publish that letter on this blog so that everyone can be inspired from it. Read the letter below the picture. We will appreciate you to write stories like that on Malala and send them to us, so we can publish them on this blog with your name & website etc.
Malala Yousafzai letter

Letter to Malala Yousafzai!

Dear Malala,
I just wanted to say that I admire what you have done over the past few years, towards the empowerment of girls’ education. As a girl, I strongly believe that education is a right to each and every person despite their race, sex or religion.

Education is one thing that no one can ever take away from you; it is not something that can be stolen. A person who has an education is capable of achieving so much in such a short space of time. I find it appalling that schools were closed down, just because the Taliban think girls are not supposed to learn. It also saddened me to think that friendships were destroyed, and dreams were shattered.

Before I read your story, my perception of school was very different to what it is now. I despised school, and felt like I was wasting my time, that it was an unnecessary load of stress. But when I heard your sad tale, I felt convicted. My thoughts on school were completely changed, and I began to appreciate the education that I am getting at school. I was never really concerned about the education crisis in other nations, but now I pay more attention to what is happening around me.

Your story also taught me to stand up for what I believe in. I think that it is amazing how such a young girl can speak about such a controversial topic. I would have probably been too afraid of prejudice, and the consequences I might face for doing something so brave.

I would like to thank you, for teaching me the importance of education, and inspiring me to make a difference in this world. As Mahatma Gandhi once said “Be the change you want to see in the world” and I hope one day I will live up to those words.

My name is Idai Makoni, and I am a 15 year old girl from Zimbabwe.